Rosemary's Nacho Delight
Nachos – something restaurants have on their menu as an appetizer but really it is enough for a meal: especially if you do not feel like sharing. In addition to the ingredients I listed here, you can change out the beef for shredded chicken. I also like to add jalapeno peppers, but it depends on who I am eating with because not everyone likes the heat. Another nice variation is to sauté some green and red peppers and throw them in as well. For you vegetarians just leave off the meat and add more vegetables. Grab your avocado and sour cream and have a feast.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can corn 15.25 oz
- 1 can black beans 15.5 oz
- 1 tsp adoba Goya
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jar salsa 16 oz
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb 14 oz bag of guacamole chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place ground beef in a large frying pan and season with salt, pepper, garlic salt, cilantro and adoba. Cook till brown. Drain grease. Put in same pot corn, black beans, and salsa leaving ½ cup salsa for guacamole. Cook on low heat for ten minutes.
- Take nacho chips and layer the bottom of the cookie sheet. Take meat mixture and sprinkle generously over all nachos. Take ½ of shredded cheese and sprinkle on top. Repeat for another layer.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle diced tomato on top.
- Take avocado and mash it with a fork, stir in balance of salsa. Serve on side with sour cream.
Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Roasted Chicken Salad Bites
Garlic and Cheese popovers
Carla Hall's Onion Flower Power
Appetizers / Beef Entree / Bread / Breakfast meals / Candy / Chicken Entree / Cookies / Dessert / Dressings and dips / Drinks / Entrees-Misc / Finger foods / Fish dishes / Mixed Meat Dish / Pasta / Pizza / Pork Entree / Rice recipes / Salad / Sauces and glazes / Seafood entree / Side dishes / Snacks / Soups / Spice mix / Turkey Entree / Vegetables