Grpuper in a butter sauce, with lemon, thyme and apples
Grouper is a very tasty fish with a nice white coloring and flaky texture. I chose this fish because of its taste and thickness. A lot of the thinner white fish tend to fall apart in this type of dish, such as tilapia and swai.
1. Heat a large fry pan on high heat, when it is hot, add the butter.
2. Add the onion to the melted butter and saute till their color is opague.
3. Mix the seasonings together, seasoned salt, adoba goya, salt and the 1 tsp. of pepper and generously season the grouper on both sides.
4. Taking 1/2 of the thyme break it up and season the fish with it also.
5. Add some of the grouper to the pot on top of the onions and add the sliced apples. Do not crowd the pan. Squeeze one of the lemons over the grouper and slice one of the lemons and lay half the slices over the fish. Cook for about 3 minutes and turn, cook for another 2 minutes. Remove cooked grouper from pan and add the rest of the grouper, squeeze another lemon and add the other 1/2 of the slices of lemon and repeat. When it is cooked add back all the grouper to the pan and add the last tsp of pepper. Cook for another minute and remove from heat.
Other Fish dish
Alaskan Salmon Bake with Pecan Crunch Coating
This is so easy to make and such a delicious taste to it. Pecans are so good for you and so fun to cook with. The twins could each...more...
Rigatoni with Tomatoes and Salmon in a Cream Sauce
I was looking for a different way to cook Salmon. I usually grill or bake it. ...more...