Golumpki (Cerdos en la manta)
Cuando éramos pequeños llamamos a estos "cerdos en la manta" y era uno de mis platos favoritos. Ahora me doy cuenta de que también hay otros alimentos llamados "cerdos en la manta", como mini perritos calientes o salchichas envueltas en una masa y horneados en el horno. Si nunca has probado repollo relleno, entonces estás en un verdadero placer.
- 2 medium heads of cabbage
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 2 lbs. of ground pork
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbls. of butter
- 2 tbls. of ketchup
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbls. of dried parsley
- 4 cans of 10.75 campbells soup
- 3 cups of water
- Boil the whole heads of cabbage until they are soft enough to easily poke a hole through the cabbabe head.
- In a small fry pan, add the butter and saute the onions until translucent, about three minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the meats, ketchup, eggs and seasonings. Combine well.
- Then add your cooked rice to the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cooked onions to the mixture.
- Take cooked cabbage and slice all around the core, at the top, so that you can remove the leaves easily. Take your time pulling the leaves off, remember one is overlapping the other. I use the top leaves, if they are real dark in color, to line the bottom of my pan. Take a large spoonful of meat mixture and place in the center of the cabbage. Fold in the sides and then roll from one end to the other. Place in a glass 9 x 13 dish.
- Take the cans of soup and spoon out over the top of the stuffed cabbage.
- Add the water separate, do not mix the water and soup together before pouring over cabbage, the consistency is better if you add then separately.
- Cover with foil. If your dish has a lot of liquid you may want to put a drip pan on the loweer shelf.
- Cook at 350 for 35 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Other Beef Entree
Appetizers / Beef Entree / Bread / Breakfast meals / Candy / Chicken Entree / Cookies / Dessert / Dressings and dips / Drinks / Entrees-Misc / Finger foods / Fish dishes / Mixed Meat Dish / Pasta / Pizza / Pork Entree / Rice recipes / Salad / Sauces and glazes / Seafood entree / Side dishes / Snacks / Soups / Spice mix / Turkey Entree / Vegetables