Delicious Banana Bundt Cake and Banana Bread with a Lemon Drizzle
We have banana and figs tree growing in the yard and they are ripe and plentiful right now. I decided to make a banana cake. I have a smaller bundt pan so with the leftover batter I also made a banana bread which came out very good.
I loved having that extra loaf so I can share it with my daughter and her family and also with my son.
The lemon drizzle on the top makes this so amazing in flavor that having it without now would seem plain.
My grandmother made a lot of banana breads in her day and always served it warm with a slather of butter on it. That is what I did the next day with my cake. I know not very healthy, but sure good.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 ripe bananas - large or 5 medium size, mashed
- 3/4 cup of greek vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cups of confectionary sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously butter a 9 x 3 bundt pan and a 9.25 x 5.25 loaf pan. You can also just make one cake in a 10 x 2 1/2 inch bundt pan. Do not place the pans on a cookie sheet because you want the heat to circulate through the Bundt's inner tube.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add in the sugar and beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla, then add one egg at a time.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in the bananas.
- Mix in slowly the dry ingredients.
- Add the yogurt and sour cream.
- Scrape the batter into the pans, remembering that it will rise so do not overfill. Rap them on the counter to get the bubbles out.
- Bake for 60 minutes testing to be sure a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Transfer to a rack and cool for about 10 minutes before you remove it from the pan.
- Sift the confectionary sugar into a bowl and sqeeze in the lemon juice, stir to mix thoroughly. You want the icing to be thin to just drizzle over the top of the cake and the bread and let it run down the side .
Easy Blueberry Cobbler
Mint Brownies with a Caramel Swirl
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Strawberry Lemon Snack Cake
Chocolate chip muffins
Appetizers / Beef Entree / Bread / Breakfast meals / Candy / Chicken Entree / Cookies / Dessert / Dressings and dips / Drinks / Entrees-Misc / Finger foods / Fish dishes / Mixed Meat Dish / Pasta / Pizza / Pork Entree / Rice recipes / Salad / Sauces and glazes / Seafood entree / Side dishes / Snacks / Soups / Spice mix / Turkey Entree / Vegetables