Cajun Chicken Wraps
This recipe was created in my restaurant “Poker Haven BB & Grill”, it was one of the most popular lunch wraps. We had many compliments on it and a lot of repeat business. I love the spice of the chicken, the little Cajun flare and the freshness of the rub along with the fresh vegetables and it is a winner. Get a deck of cards and invite your friends over for a game of poker and serve up the wraps. You will be a winner.
For the Rub:
For the wraps:
- Make the rub: Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Prepare the wraps: Whisk the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the rub in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the chicken tenders in a large ziplock bag and dump in the rub. Shake and be sure all pieces are covered. Let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Oil the grill; grill the chicken until marked, about 6 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through, adding the peppers and onions about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Place the corn and black beans in a pan and heat on low till hot, turn off.
- Wipe the grill or pan clean and brush with more oil. Lay the wraps on the grill, then brush with the spiced mayonnaise and top with mozzarella. Grill until the bottom is marked, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Cube the chicken and arrange down the center of each wrap. Top with the tomatoes, onions, peppers, corn and black bean mixture and lettuce. Roll up and wrap with parchment paper or foil to seal.
Other Chicken Entree
Chicken Tender, corn and potato pot stew
Feta Stuffed Chicken with Tomato-Watermelon Salad
Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites
Southern Fried Chicken
Chicken Fried Chicken
Appetizers / Beef Entree / Bread / Breakfast meals / Candy / Chicken Entree / Cookies / Dessert / Dressings and dips / Drinks / Entrees-Misc / Finger foods / Fish dishes / Mixed Meat Dish / Pasta / Pizza / Pork Entree / Rice recipes / Salad / Sauces and glazes / Seafood entree / Side dishes / Snacks / Soups / Spice mix / Turkey Entree / Vegetables